how do I order custom tags?
- Mad Dog Mondays! - I will accept limited custom orders every Monday. There is no need to rush to submit your order -- orders will be open ALL DAY. Payment will be authorized when you submit the order, but not processed unless I manually ACCEPT your order. I will choose which work to accept on Tuesday and any remaining orders will be canceled without processing payment. Orders accepted on Monday will be completed during the following week and will ship within 10 business days.
- If your order is canceled, please assume that I would be THRILLED to take your order and the only reason it was not accepted is because I received too many requests. If there is a reason for cancellation other than "there were too many requests and I couldn't accept all of them," you will receive an email explaining why. (Examples of this would be: the combination of fonts/symbols/size of tag won't work out, or that services I do not provide were requested, such as a tag cut into a custom shape, Swarovski crystals added, colored paint used.)
- Mad Dog Metalworks is a one person shop and even working 7 days a week, I can't turn out more than a few tags per full work day. In order to keep turnaround reasonable, I have to limit orders. I apologize for this inconvenience!!
what fonts and symbols are available?
- Please check the GALLERY page to see many examples of available symbols and fonts. the names of the fonts and symbols are listed in the description of each picture. (Click to open pop up window!)
- I am currently working on adding new font and symbols to the Stamp Menu page, as well as removing things I no longer have.
- Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about whether I have a particular symbol stamp (or even suggestions of ones I should get.) I know the page is incomplete and constantly needs to be updated-- I am happy to satiate your curiosity via email!
what is the turnaround time for mad dog metal products?
- Takeout (premade grab and go) Tags - ship within 7 business days
- Custom Tags - tags ordered on Mad Dog Monday should ship within 10 business days
- I do offer a general guarantee of refund or product credit if you are unhappy with the customer service or product regardless of time frame
my shipment hasn't arrived in the expected time frame or there is a problem with the tracking information. how do I contact you?
- Please contact me as soon as possible at email@example.com so that I can make sure your wayward tags find their way to you or are replaced!
- Due to several recent situations in which I replaced a tag only to have the original arrive shortly afterwards, I have added the following policy for replacing tags that have been lost in the mail:
- Tags where tracking never updates at all (appears as if it has not been shipped at all): I will replace these if it has been 7 days.
- Tags where tracking stops moving after being scanned at some point: I will replace these if they do not update in 14 days.
- HOWEVER, if the lost items are "time sensitive," contact me about the situation please! I will do what I can to help.
do you accept time sensitive (rush) orders?
- No, I am not currently accepting time sensitive or rush orders. There may be an option for this (rush fee) in the future. I will replace tags that are lost in the mail, however (see above question.)
do you ship internationally?
does the paint wear off? will you repair my damaged tag?
- The paint should not wear off. However, due to choosing to maximize selection over only using the best quality stamps, there are certain stamps that hold paint "less well" than other stamps. Less sharp, bolder stamps (usually those made many years ago before overall quality of these tools improved) are generally the problem. Other than those, bolder/wider lines in general are more likely to let something get into the impression and scrape paint out.
- Yes, I will repair tags! I do not charge for this service. please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send a mailing address so that you can mail your tag back to me. I will cover return shipping to the USA.
- The only damage I do not repair or replace is a severely chewed tag.
will you donate items for rescue organizations or fundraising?
- unfortunately, I can't make tags quickly enough to donate them for rescue organizations or fundraising/raffles. however it is possible that I can donate $ and I would like to set up monthly $ donations in the future-- please contact me if you have suggestions for reputable rescue organizations that would benefit from this! email@example.com
are you interested in vending at my event?
- MDM is no longer vending at dog events.