how do I order custom tags?
- order requests are open all day on Mondays and Wednesdays starting January 18! click here for more info
- Mad Dog Metalworks is a one person shop and even working 7 days a week, I can't turn out more than a few tags per full work day. In order to keep turnaround reasonable, I have to limit orders. I apologize for this inconvenience!!
what fonts and symbols are available?
- please click here for the stamp menu page - however, it is not 100% complete or regularly updated. I have new stamps that need to be added.
- Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about whether I have a particular symbol stamp (or even suggestions of ones I should get.) I know the page is incomplete and constantly needs to be updated-- I am happy to satiate your curiosity via email!
what is the turnaround time for mad dog metal products?
- currently, all products are expected to ship within 7-10 days of order acceptance
my shipment hasn't arrived in the expected time frame or there is a problem with the tracking information. how do I contact you?
- Please contact me as soon as possible at email@example.com so that I can make sure your wayward tags find their way to you or are replaced!
- Due to several recent situations in which I replaced a tag only to have the original arrive shortly afterwards, I have added the following policy for replacing tags that have been lost in the mail:
- Tags where tracking never updates at all (appears as if it has not been shipped at all): I will replace these if it has been 7 days.
- Tags where tracking stops moving after being scanned at some point: I will replace these if they do not update in 14 days.
- HOWEVER, if the lost items are "time sensitive," contact me about the situation please! I will do what I can to help.
do you accept time sensitive (rush) orders?
- No, I am not currently accepting time sensitive or rush orders. There may be an option for this (rush fee) in the future. I will replace tags that are lost in the mail, however (see above question.)
do you ship internationally?
does the paint wear off? will you repair my damaged tag?
- The paint should not wear off. However, due to choosing to maximize selection over ONLY using the best quality stamps, there are certain stamps that hold paint "less well" than other stamps. Less sharp, bolder stamps (usually those made many years ago before overall quality of these tools improved) are generally the problem. Other than those, bolder/wider lines in general are more likely to let something get into the impression and scrape paint out.
- Yes, I will repair tags! I do not charge for this service. please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send a mailing address so that you can mail your tag back to me. I will cover return shipping to the USA.
- The only damage I do not repair or replace is a severely chewed tag.
will you donate items for rescue organizations or fundraising?
- unfortunately, I can't make tags quickly enough to donate them for rescue organizations or fundraising/raffles. however it is possible that I can donate $ and I would like to set up monthly cash donations in the future-- please contact me if you have suggestions for reputable rescue organizations that would benefit from this! email@example.com
are you interested in vending at my event?
- MDM is no longer vending at dog events. I no longer compete in dog sports, so I'm not already there anyway-- and it is a lot less expensive to sell tags from home than it is to travel for events :)